What is it like to learn German when you’re an absolute beginner?
Learning German is like a walk in a park you’ve never visited before.
You get a map and think ‘Wow, there’s a lot to see! Where do I start?’ (Photos taken on a visit to Tyntesfield, a National Trust property.
But you have guidance.
You’re in awe of the landscape.
Sometimes it gets a little difficult and you have to slow down while you climb stairs.
And then it’s lovely and easy again.
Sometimes you’re wondering what comes next as you can’t see around the corner.
And other times you can see everything clearly.
After a while you’re getting brave and decide to go off the prepared path.
It means you’ll walk a lot longer that anticipated but you see so much more. And you’re loving it!
Sometimes you find it difficult to read something.
At other times everything seems straight forward.
Until you come to a blockage.
But you know that others have got through and so will you.
All in all you have enjoyed your walk and you are looking forward to going there again one day to explore the parts you didn’t see this time or you are excited to visit another park.
Now imagine this isn’t about a park but about learning German.
- You get your textbook or course material and think ‘Wow, that’s a lot!’
- But you have guidance from your tutor or the book or app.
- You’re in awe of the language.
- Sometimes things get difficult and you need to slow down to make sure you really understand.
- And then it’s lovely and easy again.
- Sometimes you can’t understand what you’re supposed to learn next.
- And other times you can see everything clearly.
- After a while you’re getting brave and use additional resources.
It means you might stick with a topic a lot longer that anticipated but you learn so much more. And you’re loving it!
- Sometimes you find it difficult to read something.
- At other times everything seems straight forward.
- Until you come to a blockage.
- But you know that others have got through and so will you.
- All in all you have enjoyed your German learning and you are looking forward to learning more about bits of grammar or a topic that you haven’t explored enough or you are ready to move on to the next level.
Would you like a short walk in the park, I mean a short video course for absolute beginners? My free course is like the short walk you can see on the park’s map. If you like it you can then take it further. Have a look and enrol here: Basic German – First essential language skills for your adventures abroad
Do you need help reaching your goal of German fluency? I can help you. Message me