Angelika’s German Tuition & Translation charity events
2020’s charity is “School Fees for Perfect and Princess”
In 2014 we supported my friend Ida’s charity Let Them Help Themselves. I’ve now found out that Ida personally is supporting two young girls, Perfect & Princess, through school. To keep them in school for the next 6 years she needs £12,000. I’m hoping we can help a little bit. If you can also help, this is the link to her GoFundMe page: School Fees for Perfect & Princess
- The online fun event via Zoom raised £165! See also blog post Let’s have some fun with German idioms & compound nouns
- German Board Game evening, date TBA
- German Carol Singing evening, Wednesday 2 December 2020, Bethesda Baptist Church, Gloucester Rd, Trowbridge BA14 0AA
- 10% of the profit from any of my books sold on Amazon.
- The German Carol Singing Evening raised £75, thank you
- The German Board Game Evening raised £60, thank you
- The German Carol singing evening raised £85, making it, together with an extra £4 from the poetry book profit, a total of £195.00. Thank you to everybody who contributed!
- The German Board Game evening raised £35
- The German Skittles evening raised £71
2017’s charity was Julia’s House, who has built a children’s hospice in Devizes. We raised £170.42!
2016’s charity was the Wiltshire Air Ambulance again, for which we raised £154.21
2015’s charity was Hop Skip and Jump, a local charity which provides immediate and flexible, day and evening respite care, 7 days a week, to children and adults with life limiting illness, disabilities and Special needs, no matter how complex. We raised £230.00!
2014’s charity was Let Them Help Themselves. Thank you to everybody who helped raise £365.83 this year. That money could pay school fees for 9 children for an entire year! DANKE!
The first charity event was on Wednesday 20 March 2013 – a German Board Game Evening in aid of Macmillan.