Another one of those lovely elearning infographics with 51 interesting language facts, including three facts about German which you may or may not know:
- The first printed book was in German.→ And many more afterwards. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could read some of them in their original language?
- German is the most spoken language in Europe. Four countries have it as their official language. → A great reason to learn German, don’t you think?
- German words can have three genders: masculine, feminine, and neuter. Most languages only have either masculine or feminine. → Of course, if you are one of my students or a regular reader of my blog, you know that!
Two more very interesting facts:
- On average, people only use a few hundred words in daily conversation, while most languages have 50,000+ words. → A few hundred German words can therefore be enough to have a conversation with Germans.
- At least half of the world’s population is bilingual! → And if you’re learning German, you are one of them!
Find more education infographics on e-Learning Infographics