Angelika’s German Tuition & Translation is doing some charity events
2014’s charity is Let Them Help Themselves, the UK based charity of my friend Ida Horner, and my aim is to send money to Uganda from my ‘school’ to their school. That money will be put towards a sponsorship programme.
Thank you to everybody who helped raise £365.83 this year. That money could pay school fees for 9 children for an entire year! DANKE!
- The German Carol evening raised £131.10!
- The German Film Night raised £38.00
- The German skittles evening raised £73.73!
- The German board game evening raised £50.00
- A German book sale raised £23.00
- A signed T-Shirt raised £50.00 for Let them help themselves, and the T-shirt is now on its way to become part of this T-shirt
Our last event of 2013, the German Carol singing was a great success. All in all we raised £141.03 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
Despite the heat, on Wednesday 17th July 2013, 11 people braved the warm annexe of Southwick Village Hall for a fun evening of German board games and coffee and cake! Apart from having a lot of fun, we also raised £52.00 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Add the £15 we raised during our Advent singing in December gives a total of £67.00 – as the saying goes ‘every little helps’!
The first charity event was on Wednesday 20 March 2013 – a German Board Game Evening in aid of Macmillan.
Ten people had great fun playing games, speaking German and raising £75 – DANKE!