Angelika’s German Tuition & Translation is doing some charity events
2015’s charity is Hop Skip and Jump, a local charity which provides immediate and flexible, day and evening respite care, 7 days a week, to children and adults with life limiting illness, disabilities and Special needs, no matter how complex.
Planned events are:
- A German Board Game evening TBA
- Our annual German Carol evening TBA
- The German Skittles evening raised £51
- One of my students has just completed a sponsored swim by swimming 34 km from Dover to Calais but in the safe environment of Trowbridge’s swimming pool ☺ He raised £73 for Hop Skip and Jump – thank you x
2014’s charity was Let Them Help Themselves. Thank you to everybody who helped raise £365.83 this year. That money could pay school fees for 9 children for an entire year! DANKE!
- The German Carol evening raised £131.10!
- The German Film Night raised £38.00
- The German skittles evening raised £73.73!
- The German board game evening raised £50.00
- A German book sale raised £23.00
- A signed T-Shirt raised £50.00 for Let them help themselves, and the T-shirt is now on its way to become part of this T-shirt
Our last event of 2013, the German Carol singing was a great success. All in all we raised £141.03 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
Despite the heat, on Wednesday 17th July 2013, 11 people braved the warm annexe of Southwick Village Hall for a fun evening of German board games and coffee and cake! Apart from having a lot of fun, we also raised £52.00 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Add the £15 we raised during our Advent singing in December gives a total of £67.00 – as the saying goes ‘every little helps’!
The first charity event was on Wednesday 20 March 2013 – a German Board Game Evening in aid of Macmillan.
Ten people had great fun playing games, speaking German and raising £75 – DANKE!