Angelika’s German Tuition & Translation charity event
2017’s charity is Julia’s House, who is building a children’s hospice in Devizes.
- 10 May 2017 The German skittles evening raised £46.00
- 20 September 2017 The German board game evening raised £37.00
- 13 December 2017 German Carol singing
- Any profit from the ‘German(y) in Poetry’ book
If you are not local but would like to help raise funds, please click on the ‘Just giving’ thank you.
2016’s charity was the Wiltshire Air Ambulance again.
– 13 April 2016 Our German Skittles evening raised £47.00!
– 21 September 2016 Our German board game evening raised £40.00.
– 14 December 2016 Our German Christmas Carol singing raised £56.00
Profit from the ‘German(y) in Poetry’ book: £11.21, totalling £154.21
If you are not local but would like to help raise funds, please click on the ‘Just giving‘ thank you.
2015’s charity was Hop Skip and Jump, a local charity which provides immediate and flexible, day and evening respite care, 7 days a week, to children and adults with life limiting illness, disabilities and Special needs, no matter how complex.
Our final event, the German Carol evening raised £40.00. I also received a final donation of £17.14 making it a final amount of £230.00 for Hop Skip and Jump – thank you to everybody who donated, danke!
- The German board game evening raised £53.86
- The German Skittles evening raised £51
- A spur of the moment decision to sell my Udemy courses for £1 on the 9th anniversary of Angelika’s German Tuition & Translation raised a further £5
- One of my students has just completed a sponsored swim by swimming 34 km from Dover to Calais but in the safe environment of Trowbridge’s swimming pool ☺ He raised £73 for Hop Skip and Jump – thank you x
2014’s charity was Let Them Help Themselves. Thank you to everybody who helped raise £365.83 this year. That money could pay school fees for 9 children for an entire year! DANKE!
- The German Carol evening raised £131.10!
- The German Film Night raised £38.00
- The German skittles evening raised £73.73!
- The German board game evening raised £50.00
- A German book sale raised £23.00
- A signed T-Shirt raised £50.00 for Let them help themselves, and the T-shirt is now on its way to become part of this T-shirt
Our last event of 2013, the German Carol singing was a great success. All in all we raised £141.03 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
Despite the heat, on Wednesday 17th July 2013, 11 people braved the warm annexe of Southwick Village Hall for a fun evening of German board games and coffee and cake! Apart from having a lot of fun, we also raised £52.00 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Add the £15 we raised during our Advent singing in December gives a total of £67.00 – as the saying goes ‘every little helps’!
The first charity event was on Wednesday 20 March 2013 – a German Board Game Evening in aid of Macmillan.
Ten people had great fun playing games, speaking German and raising £75 – DANKE!