It’s great fun hiding and finding those lovely big chocolate Easter eggs on Easter Sunday, but in Germany we have the tradition of decorating hard boiled eggs. When I was a child my dad used to hide loads of decorated hard boiled eggs and a few chocolate eggs in the garden which we children then had to find. One year we could not find one of the chocolate eggs – I wonder if it’s still there
Anyway, if you fancy having a go at decorating your own eggs, here are 10 very simple steps:
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to boil.
- Add your eggs and boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Take the eggs out of the water and prepare a small bowl with 1 cup of hot water and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Add some food colour.
- Decorate the eggs with crayons – use your imagination, patterns, pictures etc…
- Put the eggs in the bowl with the coloured water and leave for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the eggs out and leave to dry.
- On Easter Sunday hide the eggs somewhere (most fun is in the garden, but in rain hide indoors )
- Find eggs!
- Eat eggs!!!
Tomorrow I’ll tell you about another Easter tradition….